HGV Class 2 Area Driver - Staines (57484) 30352
HGV Class 2 Area Driver - Staines (57484)
Staines TW18 2BE
We provide Vehicle Mounted Crane training, a competitive salary and extensive benefits which include; Flexible Holiday’s, Pension Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, and a benefit scheme offering over 8000 discounts with various blue-chip companies.
Working for the largest brand within the UK building and distribution sector with over 1000 sites spanning across the UK and Ireland, SGBD always have opportunities to expand your horizon.
Being a LGV Driver is more than just delivering the materials for when they need to be there. It requires a person who is happy to be the face of our company. You will often be the only individual our customers see and delivering a high level of customer service is what makes you and our brand stand out from the rest.
This Area Driver position is suited to someone who enjoys diversity and variety within their day to day role. You will be assigned to our Staines branch however you will need to be flexible to cover other branches during peaks in business and holiday and sickness cover.
Being an Area Driver enables you to support the branches that really need you on a day to day basis. (Subsistence paid)
- You will need a Category C (HGV Class 2) licence and ideally previous experience carrying out class 2 multi drop work.
- You will be loading and unloading so there will be some heavy lifting involved in the job, and previous experience of large goods delivery driving is preferred
- Crane Certificate is preferred but not essential as training will be given
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work within a team and using own initiative
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- A Driver Qualification Card (CPC Card) is essential
- A digital tachograph card would also be useful.
In this role you will be required to cover absence within the designated area and carry out any reasonable duties as directed by your Line Manager/ Branch Manager for whom you are working with within the day.
This will include covering warehouse duties when not driving and could equally be at any branch within the designated area.
We offer a competitive salary and Area Driver supplement scheme and benefits package which will be discussed at interview stage. If you want to be a part of our hardworking team and believe that this position is suited to you as a person, then we want to hear from you.