LGV C+E Container Driver - Felixstowe 33396
LGV C+E Container Driver - Felixstowe
We are seeking qualified drivers to join our team in the Container sector. Working hours are Monday – Friday with weekend shifts available as overtime, the day roles average 55 hours a week. We also have tramping roles available working hours also Monday – Friday with weekend shifts available as overtime, the tramping roles average 55 hours a week with an allowance.
- You will be responsible for the accurate and timely movement and delivery of our customers’ products, servicing the Container sector.
- Ensuring all documentation is completed accurately, and that use of any point of delivery technology is used with attention to detail.
- Adhering to safe working practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others at all times.
- A flexible approach to working patterns and start times as dictated by the needs of the business, and willing to spend nights away from base when required.
- Complying with all relevant legislation in line with Drivers Hours and Working Time Directive requirements.
Experience & Qualifications
- Possess excellent customer facing awareness skills
- Good timekeeper and able to work unsupervised
- Enthusiastic and reliable with a commitment to delivering 1st class customer service
- Must have good communication skills and a flexible can do attitude to work
- Must have a good geographical knowledge
- Must be over 21
- Must have C+E in date driving license (Was called HGV, now called LGV)
- Must have CPC in date qualification
- Must hold Digital tachograph card
- Right to work in the UK – Passport or Full Birth Certificate
- Experience of Containers driving preferred
- At least 6 months driving experience preferred although training may be available
- ADR, transporting dangerous goods license beneficial but not compulsory
We really value our people and offer a friendly working environment, a focus on developing your skills and a competitive salary. Benefits include full uniform, work mobile phone, safety equipment, access to a company pension scheme with employer contributions and other optional schemes you may wish to join. These are just some of the reasons which make Wincanton a great place to work!