Driver Trainer / Assessor - Braintree 34239
Driver Trainer / Assessor - Braintree
David Watson Transport Ltd, a FORS Gold operator, has an exciting opportunity for a Driver Trainer / Assessor to join our training team based in Essex. This is a great role for an experienced Driver Assessor looking for a new challenge in the specialist transport industry.
- The performance management and continuous improvement of our driving force of approximately 100 drivers across 7 depots (Essex, Norfolk, Kent, Northampton x 2, Stafford & Yorkshire);
- Completing an initial driving assessment of all applicants for driving positions;
- Conducting interviews and working with the Training Coordinator to ensure all HR procedures are followed;
- Assisting in the delivery of both a practical and classroom-based induction programme;
- Working with the Training Coordinator to ensure that all drivers are assessed and trained on a regular basis;
- Implementing appropriate courses such as fuel management, defensive driving and safety training;
- Delivering Tool Box talks as required;
- Arranging and conducting annual driving assessments for each driver;
- Assessing individual training requirements;
- Assisting the Training Coordinator with evaluating, reporting and investigating vehicle accidents ensuring a satisfactory resolution to all incidents;
- Reviewing data and reporting against the information from the telematics analysis systems, implementing a corrective training plan where required;
- Be willing to undertake additional training;
- Be flexible in your approach to working as the role will involve nights out;
- Relief driving and other ad hoc duties where required.
If you are the right person for the job you will have:
- A recognised driver assessor / driver trainer qualification
- A valid HGV C+E licence, Driver Card and DQC
- Experience in delivering training to drivers – ideally possessing a recognised instructor qualification
- An in-depth knowledge of Working Time Directive and EU Driver Regulations and other industry legislation
- Experience of driving artic and rigid vehicles
- Experience of operating a lorry loader, although not essential as training will be given to the right candidate
- The ability to influence drivers and driver behaviour, and be comfortable presenting at all levels
- The ability to maintain high standards while working under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent communication, organisation and interpersonal skills
The role will be reporting to the Health & Safety Director. The normal working hours will be 8am – 17.30pm, however overtime and nights out will form part of the role so flexibility is essential.
In return, we will offer the successful candidate a competitive salary, access to private medical healthcare, 21 days’ holiday p/annum excluding bank holidays and plenty of opportunities for continual professional development.
Our company ethos is ‘Setting the standards for others to follow’; if this sounds like the type of philosophy you aspire to, get in touch today!
Employer: David Watson Transport