Multi Task Warehouse Operative - Merthyr Tydfil W31048
Multi Task Warehouse Operative - Merthyr Tydfil
Wincanton is a leading third party logistics (3PL) and supply chain solutions provider in the UK and Ireland. As the largest British logistics company we work in industry sectors as diverse as milk, defence, energy, retail, consumer goods and construction, supporting every stage of development and adding value through our supply chain expertise and innovative approach to logistics challenges. With over 17,000 colleagues across more than 200 sites and a 3,400 strong fleet of vehicles, we put our customers at the heart of everything we do and our mission is “to make our customers business’s better, every day.”
Our people are at the core of our business and what makes Wincanton great. That’s why we provide significant opportunities for career progress, as well as training enrichment and multi-skilling, in a dynamic working environment.
The good news is that our continued success and business growth has opened up an exciting opportunity for Multi Task Operative to join our new team at our Merthyr Tydfil site. This new role will report into the Warehouse Team Leader.
Key accountabilities / responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all company policies relating to Health & Safety, Security, Environment and Quality
- To carry out receiving, verification, putaway, pick, pack, presentation and despatch in line with company procedures
- Ensure all special instructions in relation to material handling and storage are adhered to e.g. shelf life, FIFO, hazardous materials etc.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a manner that will ensure accuracy and efficiency
- Ensure all materials are scanned into and out of locations in line with company procedures to ensure inventory accuracy
- Ensure all activities are carried out in the most efficient manner ensuring H&S observed at all times
- Ensure all materials are handled in a manner that protects their quality – correct packaging, protection, preservation and attention to special requirements
- Ensure any documentation requirements are adhered to
- Ensure any computer systems are operated in line with IT Usage Policy
- Regularly contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Attention to detail
- Ideally experienced and licensed in use of MHE
- Computer literate and have the ability to operate RF guns
- Team player
- Customer focussed
- Polite and professional manner
All appointment are made subject to receipt of satisfactory references covering a five year period, provision of eligibility to work documentation and where a contract requires security and anti terrorist checks.
If you believe you have the skills and qualifications to meet this criteria please submit your CV.