Driver Trainer and Compliance Manager - Heywood 35117
Driver Trainer and Compliance Manager - Heywood
Our client based in Heywood is now seeking an experienced Driver Trainer and Compliance Manager.
Salary £30,000 Plus Car allowance.
Minimum 45 hour working week – one hour break each day – start and finish times to work around the operation/driver start times etc
Holidays – 22 annual + 8 bank holidays (rising to 32 days’ per annum after two completed years’ of service)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure that training and compliance functions are run efficiently, professionally, cost effectively and in a timely manner ensuring compliance with all Company policies, procedures and deadlines, external governing and statutory bodies, Depot expectations in terms of training and in line with the Company’s Annual Plan for the HR/Services function.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To ensure that all drivers/FLT drivers are inducted, trained and continually and regularly refreshed in their driving/H&S/ skills to ensure a reduction in MPG’s, accidents/damage, H&S issues etc to include:
- regular driving assessments within Logistics to ensure that all drivers are performing their duties efficiently, cost effectively, safely and professionally;
- to ensure that MPG improvements are made on an ongoing basis;
- to undertake driver inductions for all new employees into the Company which includes a driver assessment, H&S knowledge, ensuring they have a current licence to drive etc.
- to act as FLT Instructor/Examiner for the Group which involves monitoring licences, damage incidents and any breaches of health and safety that may occur during operational hours;
- to regularly circularise via HR/payroll and notice boards any items of interest/importance on driver safety, weather warnings, Group/depot damage figures etc.
- Undertake driver/vehicle ‘spot checks’ at all locations on an ad hoc basis.
- to act as part of the Accident Investigation team
To audit the company’s systems to ensure the Transport Managers/Fleet Manager are effectively and continuously managing the transport activities on each of the Company’s ‘O’ Licences.
Experience & Skills:
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Conscientious worker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be a good forward planner and have good organisational skills
- Understand the need for consistency
- Show proficiency in Microsoft Software Packages etc
- Show technical and legal ability on H&S and Compliance issues being aware of the consequences of legal failures.
Employer: Archbold Logistics