Logistics Job Shop Limited is a company registered in England and Wales (company registration number 07371933) whose registered address is 13 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HB.
If you have any questions regarding these terms or the services that we provide, please contact us using the details below. All references to “us”, “we” or “our” throughout this statement is to Logistics Job Shop Limited.
This policy will cover all aspects of all data that is shared by a visitor directly to our website or received via email. This policy may change from time to time and it is the reasonability of our visitors to check this policy frequently to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
“Logistics Job Shop have licenced the name ‘Commercial Motor’, ‘Motor Transport’ and ‘Truck&Driver’ from DVV Media International Limited. DVV Media International Limited do not hold, collect or use any personal data submitted or collected in respect of ‘CommercialMotorJobs’, ‘MotorTransportJobs’ and ‘Truck&DriverJobs’.”
How we use your data
We use your data to provide recruitment related services to our Clients and to Candidates as applicable.
We will retain your data for a period of time, to meet certain regulatory and other requirements and allow you to benefit from our services.
We may collect your personal data via our register form on our website or we may collect them from other third-party sources such as a job board.
If a candidate applies for a position directly to our client via our website, the candidate’s data including CV will be forwarded directly to the relevant employer without further contact from us. We will not forward your personal data to any other third party, including a potential employer, without your consent.
Reasons we collect and use your personal data
We have a legitimate interest in collecting and using your personal data, in that we use your personal data in order to fulfil our contract with you. If you are a client, this will normally consist of finding appropriate Candidates for vacancies you are advertising via our website or any other recruitment service we provide. If you are a Candidate, this will normally consist of introducing you to relevant employers via our website or other recruitment services we provide. Without using such data in this way, it would not be possible for us to perform our obligations under the contract between us and you.
When candidates register with us via our website or email, they are doing so in order to be contacted by recruiters and prospective employers about job opportunities.
As a business we can continue processing the data supplied by candidates who register via our website or email, as it is in there, and our, legitimate interest to do so.
We will continue to give our registered candidates control over their contact preference options, including the option to delete their account. When a candidate deletes their account via the website, we immediately remove their details and CV from the CV Database. All personally identifiable information (PII) is completely removed from our systems within 30 days. We will also provide a way for our clients to know of any candidates that have deleted their CV from our database, via the client login area. You are responsible for updating your own records in order to remain compliant.
Data of yours that we collect
To operate our business, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Details of your visits to our Website and the positions you have applied for including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblog statistics and other communication data.
- Personal data including name, phone number(s), email address, postal address, CV and work history and any other relevant information provided to us in the course of you looking for employment.
- As a client of us we will collect basic information about you or individuals within your organisation for business development purposes, in order to provide services to you such as sourcing candidates for positions within your organisation, ensure contracts are implemented correctly, positions advertised, and services purchased. We may also send you marketing emails about relevant services offered or make live calls. You have the right to opt out of both forms of contact.
- In order to conduct business with our suppliers we need to retain the contact details of relevant individuals at the organisation to communicate with you. We also use your information to ensure the contracts are implemented correctly and to comply with legal obligations. In some cases, we also need additional information such as bank details so that we can pay for services and products provided to us.
- During the course of our business, we may need to contact third parties’ organisations/individuals to request references and verifying qualifications. We will generally ask for basic contact details to be able to complete this process.
- We will retain the details of past and present employees of Logistics Job Shop Limited for purposes such as payment, training, referencing, health and safety and to process contracts.
We will process this information in accordance with this policy.
Keeping your data secure
We have taken appropriate action and security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed unlawfully. Your personal data will only be accessible to those who have a genuine need to access it for business use. Your information will only be processed in an authorised manner and who are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data breaches, we will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
It is very important to know, however secure our website and database is, that the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
In what geographic region is our data stored?
All of Logistics Job Shop Limited servers are in the UK. When we use cloud providers for a specific purpose, these servers are in the EU.
Disclosing your data
During the course of our business, we may need disclose your personal data to:
- A third party who acquires our business;
- Law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law; and
- Our agents and service providers.
Your rights with respect to your personal data
You have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put your request in writing
- Include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- Specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put your request in writing;
- Provide us with enough information to identify you; and
- Specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
In certain circumstances you have the right to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
- Put your request in writing;
- Provide us with enough information to identify you; and
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information, please do contact us. In addition, you have a right to bring a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information on the Information Commissioner’s Office and your rights is available at www.ico.org.uk.
Candidate and their personal data will be held by us for as long as individuals keep their accounts and is deleted upon request.
See 'Reasons we collect and use your personal data' for more information.
If you would like to delete your account and associated records (Applications made, when, company, CV and all personal data) this can be made via your candidate account via our website. When a candidate deletes their account via the website, we immediately remove their details and CV from the CV Database. All personally identifiable information (PII) is completely removed from our systems within 30 days. We will also provide a way for our clients to know of any candidates that have deleted their CV from our database, via the client login area. You are responsible for updating your own records in order to remain compliant.
Third party links
You might find links to third party or websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
We may gather information about your computer for our own services such information will not identify you personally; it will be statistical data about our visitors and the use of our site. It will be used by us to help identify and analyse how visitors are interacting with our website for future development and improvement. This statistical information about the use of our website may be used in marketing information to our advertisers.
The way we may gather this statistical information about how you have interacted with our website will be by the use of a cookie file that is automatically downloaded to your computer. The cookie file will be stored on your computers hard drive and all computers have the ability to decline cookies, this can normally be done by activating the settings on your web browser.
Any advertising featured on our website may also incorporate cookies, over which we have no control. Such cookies (if used) would be downloaded once you click on advertisements on our website.
For more information on cookies you can read the guidance at All About Cookies.
If you have any queries in relation to your data or this policy, please contact the Data Manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would prefer to write to us then our contact address is Data Manager, c/o Logistics Job Shop Limited, 13 Berkeley Square, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1HB.
Lodge a complaint with the ICO:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Updated: May 2018