Transport Planner / Trainee Transport Planner - Leeds 34679
Transport Planner / Trainee Transport Planner - Leeds
Our client is a European leader in the transport and logistics of dangerous materials.
Due to increasing their business they are now seeking a Transport Planner / Trainee Transport Planner to join the team based in Morley, Leeds.
Experienced Transport Planner £25,000 - £35,000
Trainee £15,000 - £22,500
- Day to Day scheduling of allocated Drivers, Tractors, Tankers, Chassis Bodies and Demountable Tanks ensuring effective ROI.
- Oversee Driver Holiday and Sickness making sure all jobs can be covered.
- Efficient Fuel savings through plan management.
- Control of Costs through time management of allocated Driving Staff
- Control of Driver subsistence – i.e. Nights Out / Parking / Tolls to allow the Business to exceed targets.
- Investigation of Driver Incidents at first stage and if required to escalate have a full and factual report to present to Operation Manager.
- Maintain a good working relationship with Key Accounts and building solid relationships as to maintain a ‘’Good Customer Service’’
- Ensure all equipment is maintained to the required standard and Drivers have the relevant PPE issued.
- Contribute ideas and solutions to the Operation Manager
- Monthly Review of –
- ‘’Owned Accounts’’ summarising areas for expansion, concern and new opportunities to explore.
- Driver and Tractor utilisation – what was it and how can it improve
- Personal and Team Goals
Skills and Competencies –
- Computer Literate with a basic understanding of Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes.
- Good Communicator – Both Verbally and Written.
- Be able to work under pressure when faced with diverse and stressful situations
- Able to be persuasive to ‘’Get the Job done’’
- commercially aware
- Fluent in Dutch or French, preferable both.
- International experience would be preferred although this is not essential.
If you feel you match the above criteria please apply online only using the link below and a member of our team will be in touch.
Employer: Groupe Samat